TechSpot

sterio speakers vs comp speakers

By ripken204
Aug 18, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i was wondering what would be better for me, i will either be gettting the audiy 2 zs to the audigy x-fi for my next build, and my comp is pretty much a media comp that is hooked up to my tv and some rly old speakers/receiver. i want to get a new sterio system but was wondering if should just get some rly good speakers like the logitch z-5500. my speakers now are also used for listening to my tv.

so should i get comp speakers for my setup or sterio speakers, and if i got sterio then i would get a new reciever for around 200$ and will my sound card be able to connect to it? what type of connection would i even need?

possibly this receiver
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pion...sem/rpsm/oid/115330/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

i will also be getting some speakers for it but not sure what they are gunna be yet

for my new comp i would be getting the z-5300 or z-5500

and either the audigy 2 zs or audigy x-fi

2. seanp789

seanp789 TS Enthusiast Posts: 113

Definitely get the X-fi ive had both cards and the x-fi is much better. as far as connections u can just use stereo to RCA cables or a digital coax cable. With the coax cable you may need to by a adapter head for the stereo jack

3. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Posts: 570

x5500

I, too, have the Audigy @ZS, but just ordered the xFI Extreme MUsic last night, after reading numerous comparisons. As for the speakers- I currently have the Logitech x530's, and, for the price, they are very good. However, I have heard the z5500's, and wish I could afford them. Check out this review: http://www.denguru.com/2004/11/30/logitech_z/index.html I would recommend them, and, as seanp said, just use patch cables for the TV. :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.