TechSpot

Still getting the Aurora popup! Ugh

By Eddie K
Jul 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I followed the instructions as posted on there.....and im still getting it. Please help!
  2. Rickster

Rickster TS Rookie

Hello, Eddie K!
    Which instructions did you follow? Please specify~
    I notice a few things you should not have, if you followed the right instructions.
    -Rick
  3. Eddie K

Eddie K TS Rookie Topic Starter

I followed the directions in the *How to remove Begin2Search / CoolWebSearch * thread.

I just noticed another thread specifically targeting Aurora. I'll try that and see what happens.
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

While you are at it, this lot all needs to go as well:

c:\windows\system32\swvmos.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
    O2 - BHO: &EliteBar - {28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
    O2 - BHO: CControl Object - {3643ABC2-21BF-46B9-B230-F247DB0C6FD6} - C:\Program Files\E2G\IeBHOs.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &EliteBar - {825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win Server Updt] C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\windows\system32\elitergp32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fuifcdu] c:\windows\system32\swvmos.exe r
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: ModuleUsage - C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard.tmp
    O23 - Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.