Inactive Strange files in my windows folder such as "3z19hacktool359.ocx"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beccap

I've been trying to figure out where all my memory is being used up, so i've been going thru my hard drive and found all these files in my windows folder and in my system32 folder that have names like"26133viruszb59" and 3z19hacktool359.ocx" and "3z96thief2435.dll". all different variations with the words: virus, backdoor,trojan,steal,spyware,addware,threat,etc.over 300 of these files.when I float the mouse over them, some are identified as activex control files, some are bin files, but most just say the date they were created.What are these things?Are they damaging my computer?Can I delete them?

Our antimalware team will be the best qualified to help you on your question.
Perhaps mailpup will move your thread there.
Meanwhile, may I suggest that you go to that forum.
Begin by reading the 5 stickies at the top.
When you are ready, be sure to follow the 8-steps carefully, and to post all requested logs, or post your results that prevents your posting the logs.
Our volunteer anti-malware team, Bobbye, Broni, or Crunchie, will be able to help you sort things out.
TechSpot rules include that those not on the team not give removal advice.
Please accept advice only from one who is on the team. (I am just pointing you where to start).
Here is where to start.

If this thread does not get moved, you will want to start a new thread in the Virus and Malware Removal forum.

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back