Strange pop-up when booting to desktop

larmoth

When I boot up and my Windows 10 desktop appears, there is a popup box that appears. I did a screen capture of it. What is it referring to? It wants to execute a file called "C: Program". I hesitate to do anything. Can I eliminate this file without a problem?

Attachments

• FILE-NAME-WARNING.jpg
    FILE-NAME-WARNING.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 14
Whenever it pops up, I simply "X" it away without doing anything else. I run scans with Malwarebytes and with Superantispyware. I also scan for errors and clean my drive using CCleaner. Those scans clean things, but do not get rid of this popup. So far, there have been no negative effects while using my PC.

It can still me malware, I'd be real careful and keep doing as you say you are till you do some more research to find out what it is or if someone else has something like this come to light.

You might go to files explorer, expand This pc and then expand os (c). There are 2 listings for Program files and Program files (x86), See if you can find that file name listed around anywhere. Or just key the filename in the search box and see if you can find it. Have you had anyone doing any troubleshooting for you either at the terminal itself or remotely or have you added any new software or hardware devices, or have you done anything to change BIOS or UEFI settings?

Back