Strong signal, no connection one pc but connecting on another

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two home PC's, a 2wire 1000hg wireless router/modem. One PC is running a Buffalo wireless PCI adapter and working fine. The other is running a netgear WPN311 pci adapter. This one picks up the signal but never connects. I am using windows configure the device and even tried to have it repair the connection but it comes back claiming that it is unable to renew the IP address. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

Usual cause is a faulty key or incorrect SSID, first thing to do is deactivate the security on the router and see if you can connect, if so the problem lies with either of the aforementioned.

If you cant connect the fault is with either the network card or the software, swap the cards around and try them in the other PC.

Logical progression will bring the answer.

I have two home PC's, a 2wire 1000hg wireless router/modem. One PC is running a Buffalo wireless PCI adapter and working fine. The other is running a netgear WPN311 pci adapter. This one picks up the signal but never connects. I am using windows configure the device and even tried to have it repair the connection but it comes back claiming that it is unable to renew the IP address. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Which buffalo wireless card are you using..? The netgear one try removing the driver and reboot and let windows re-install it. Then add the SSID, the encpry key or match the settings on the Buffalo. By-the-way Buffalo is coming back with USA products again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back