Suggest a good GPU for Crysis 2

bangs777

Suggest a good mid-range card that can play crysis 2 at around 35fps avg at extreme settings,1680x1050 resolution with a corei3-530 processor,4 gigs RAM. Listed out are HD5770,GTX460,HD6850,HD6870(could be overkill or not)..something lower than that would be appreciated too.. say at very-high,high settings, same resolution if CPU is not upto the task..

read that..but the CPU scaling was for GTX590..made some calculation of my own..needed some pretty good suggestion from people that have handle the hardware themselves..

According to your criteria any of the cards near the end of this graph should meet your requirements. However, at extreme settings 35fps will be far from smooth ... perhaps you should consider something in the 45~50 fps range. BTW, when it comes to graphics, dividebyzero is one of the most knowledgeable members of this forum on the subject.

1680_Extreme.png

I am using a q6600 win7 64bit, 4GB of ram, and a 5750 and i can play Crysis at Extreme at 30-60. Very high at 40-122. The game is not demanding at all. Now of course i play at 1280x720.

thanks people,lots of information flowing through my head now..will settle at the least GTX460..and perhaps a lower resolution or setting..budget constrain..

Man, my OC'd GTX 260 handles Crysis 2 at Extreme doin steady 30-35 FPS... Q6600 OC'd to 3.0 Ghz

I used to have a single 5770 and it ran Crysis 2 fairly well. Usually around 40 frames average. I have two 5770's now and it runs at 60 frames most of the time. However, i get alot of flickering with two 5770's, even with the latest profiles.

Anyway, a single 5770 runs the game very well.

The game is not demanding at all. Now of course i play at 1280x720.

Nothing short of disappointing in the GPU department tbh. I had such high hopes of Crysis 2 given the first release - Its a classic example of setting the bar so high even future releases can't match it.

Crysis 1 was light years ahead of current graphics rendering back in its day - Christ it took over a year for a GPU manufacturer to produce a card to even play it at max settings properly. Its a whole lot of game to live up to in version 2. :haha:

If you decide on AMD, get at least a 6800 series card for the better driver support versus the previous generation cards.

Back