Suggestions for DVD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradthegreat

I just finished building a computer and I have a CD/DVD ROM with it. I want to get a DVD/CD RW combo/ burn-all drive and install it in the extra IDE drive. I have looked at a few, but really not found any one that I like. I am looking for a:

good quality, versatile, dual-layer burner with good burning and DVD playing software.

That might be a lot to ask, which would explain why I haven't really found one yet. Oh, my case is black, so it would be nice to be black too. I don't really want to spend a ton on one either. Any suggestions would be really nice. thanks

For a Mid to Economy $ I have had very good luck with LG.They make their own so I usually feel better with the Manufacturer.Last one I bought(Couple of Years ago) came with Nero , which I think is one of the best.
For my money I still think Plextor's are the best ,but pricey .They flop back and forth between Roxio and Nero.

My Plextor SCSI CDRW 12/10/32 is about 9 years old, and still burning as good as on day one! (using Nero 6 Ultra Edition now).
Once I need a DVD-burner, it'll definitely be a Plextor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back