TechSpot

Surface early adopters reporting issues with audio, Touch Cover

By Shawn Knight
Nov 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Several Surface early adopters are reporting multiple issues with Microsoft's first-ever tablet. It's not exactly a good sign for Redmond considering the device has only been on the market for two weeks but we understand they are already working with...

Read more

2. SCJake

SCJake TS Rookie Posts: 80

Simple lost in translation. Tech companies understand how to treat their products (aka not as footballs!) so when they test them the treat them correctly. They dont test for your average user's treatment of the product

3. I was going over the same thing with my brother. He was asking about why my smart phone lasted about two years. I told him imagine if you were to treat your laptop the way some people treat their phones. I drop my phone about once a week. A hard fall every 6 to 8 weeks. His laptop would break on one, maybe two of the falls that my phone experiences on a regular basis.

4. SalaSSin

SalaSSin TS Member Posts: 95   +30

Well, at least they're not commenting on how the customer holds his tablet, but actually try to fix it!

captainawesome likes this.
  5. Looks like nobody has one.

6. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,926   +569

Something good about all this - they may get it right for the release of Surface Pro. The latter is one professional users may buy, nice to have all those quirks sorted on the RT-s, poor guineas :)

treeski likes this.
  7. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,686   +86

Too much of rush to get them out to market.. They should have waited. RT is the limited model 148ppi is said one at best for this tablet. Quad-core like dual-core from Nvida on the tablet only runs at 1000MHz or roughly 250MHz x 4 = 1000MHz as the Dual-Core Tegra2 ran at 512MHz x 2 = 1000MHz .

8. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

First-gen buyers beware, as usual.

9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

Pretty sure that MHz count is per-core, not total.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.