TechSpot

Svchost error when connecting with zte modem in Win XP SP2

By ElVale
Nov 19, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. In Windows XP SP2, when I connect to the Internet with a ZTE MF110 HSDPA/HSUPA 3G modem, after a while I get "Svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log will be created.", then internet no longer works, I have to reboot the PC to access Internet. Does anybody know how to solve this, I'm in a hurry because this is going to be a supervisory PC and it has to have mobile internet all the time.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,944   +167

Is this PC free from viruses or other malware?

3. ElVale

ElVale TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes it is. The problem is with this particular modem. I used an alcatel modem and it worked flawlessly. I hope the people at ZTE realize this.

4. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

It might be worth checking your networks website support pages to see whether any updated software is available.

I don't know if its specific to ZTE, but I've had quite a few problems with my T-Mobile UK mobile broadband which uses the same ZTE device. Upgrading to the very latest software resolved my issues.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.