TechSpot

Svchost error when connecting with zte modem in Win XP SP2

By ElVale
Nov 19, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. In Windows XP SP2, when I connect to the Internet with a ZTE MF110 HSDPA/HSUPA 3G modem, after a while I get "Svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log will be created.", then internet no longer works, I have to reboot the PC to access Internet. Does anybody know how to solve this, I'm in a hurry because this is going to be a supervisory PC and it has to have mobile internet all the time.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,222   +231

Is this PC free from viruses or other malware?

3. ElVale

ElVale TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes it is. The problem is with this particular modem. I used an alcatel modem and it worked flawlessly. I hope the people at ZTE realize this.

4. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

It might be worth checking your networks website support pages to see whether any updated software is available.

I don't know if its specific to ZTE, but I've had quite a few problems with my T-Mobile UK mobile broadband which uses the same ZTE device. Upgrading to the very latest software resolved my issues.