Svchost.exe generated errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get this error every time I boot.
I tried to run Malwarebytes and it crashes my computer every time I run it.

Win2k
Not sure what other info that would be needed.

HJT log attached.

Edit: deleted HJT log

Right after logging in to Windows I get an error that says "scvhost.exe has generated errors and needs to close. A logfile is being created"

I read through the 8 steps after my first post. Malwarebytes still crashes mid-way through the scan (no error, just locks up the computer forcing a reset) and SuperAntiSpyware also crashed in safe mode but not before completing the scan. I was able to start removing/repairing items before it crashed.

No logs from either that I can find. I've posted a new HJT log which is after running the 8 steps.

Edit: deleted HJT log

Quick update....

I took a look in the event viewer and found this:
"The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly. It has
done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0
milliseconds: No action."

Somehow the action got set to "no action" from "reboot the computer".

There's also about a dozen other process that failed to start because they depend on RPC, but I'm sure once I get the RPC problem corrected the other apps will right themselves.

Everything seems to point to the Blaster worm but I've run Symantec's blaster cleaner twice now and it says it found nothing.

Turns out I had a ghost image from 6 months ago. I got tired of jacking around with this stupid thing just restored back to my most recent ghost and called it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back