Svchost.exe Hogs Res After Driver Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCellR8

I am trying to install a new driver for one of my devices and I am having some trouble. Once the driver, an NVIDIA Ethernet driver, is installed for the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, the "svchost.exe" program begins to hog CPU resources on all four cores (20-30% usage). When the driver is not installed, the program does not behave this way. I have tried a few different driver sets all with the same result. I am using WHQL driver sets. What should I do?

Really weird, I downloaded a more recent driver from nVidia's site, restarted the computer after installation and I didn't have the problem. I don't remember the version number of the driver that was causing the problem but here's the info for the one I'm using now:

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (#3)

Date - 11/20/2006
Version - 67.1.5.0

so the problem is currently solved, right?

And actually not weird as the problem you mentioned was documented as occuring on some systems until nVidia released a newer version. I was actually checking to make sure you had the latest version ;)

Solved it is. I just thought it was weird because all kinds of strange things started to happen like freezing and interface glitches when the other driver was installed. I thought I broke it lol. Thanks for the input; I appreciate the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back