Swing Copters is the sequel to Flappy Bird

By Scorpus
Aug 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. If you've been struggling to entertain yourself without the addictive greatness of Flappy Bird, you won't have to wait too long for something new to try. According to Touch Arcade, a sequel to the extremely popular game, called Swing Copters,...

Read more
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,161

This represents the new generation of "bare bones" video games. Only, instead of giving you the bones, they give you a single amino acid chain and challenge you to work it like an amoeba. It's genius.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,106   +1,376

Collective internet IQ is way below 100, it seems.
  4. davislane1

Catatonic. It is functionally catatonic.
  5. How can you say catatonic when these games are amazingly difficult. Catatonic can describe Zynga games.
  6. davislane1

Tapping a screen to make a sprite accelerate upwards (Flappy Bird) or accelerate laterally (Swing Copters) is catatonic because it requires no thought, no planning, and no strategy.
  7. You make it sound easy. It is anything but. The timing has to be precise and the margin of error is 0. And when ending up at low altitude it sometimes is impossible to recover (fingers not fast enough). The game might not appeal to geniuses but it is definitely a challenge. To be successful, one would need a skill set similar to one needed for Street Fighter- reaction time, timing, and button mashing.
  8. Flappy Birds was a great game. This game sucks and is terrible. I hate it when sequences are never as good as the first or at least don't come close.
  9. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 599   +57

This game is a monster. I hate it, I can't get past 0. haha