Synchronizing clock on computer

By larryiam
Jun 4, 2008
  1. it seems every time i try to synchronize my computer clock it says error can't synchronize with any suggestions??
  2. larryiam

larryiam TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 476

any suggestions??
  3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Maximize the Services folder
    Scroll all the way down to "Windows Time"
    Double click on "Windows Time"
    Put "Startup Type" to "Automatic" (if it's "Disabled")
    "Start" the service
    Apply OK
    Close the Services window

Try Time synchronize again

Also please don't reply to yourself in 15minute intervals (You're just not giving enough time for a response)
  4. larryiam

ok i am very sorry forgive me!! ok i did that and i still am having the problem
  5. larryiam

I am still having the problem! Any Suggestions??
  6. Andels

Andels TS Rookie Posts: 16

Hello larryiam,

Try checking firewalls (not just Windows firewalls) or anything that might try to filter the website.

Or if the Internet time server is too busy or is temporarily unavailable. If this is the case, try synchronizing your clock later, or update it manually by double-clicking the clock on the taskbar. You can also try using a different time server.
  7. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Ok so you were patient enough to wait an hour this time!

Note: Capitals mean yelling too (as I'm sure you're aware)

It could be that the date and time is too far off the current date and time (silly I know, but for it to work properly the date and time must be close to current)

Don't bother replying though, if it doesn't work, I'm not interested in getting yelled at for free service. (or anytime actually)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.