System crashes can’t fix drivers

di229

[FONT=Calibri]When doing a full back up this morning the system crashed. Video card drivers; all updated but what I did find was “Ricoh xD-Picture Card Disk Device” Stated this device cannot start. Therefore, I tried to update it and look for solution from windows. Nothing came back. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]When I shut down the system and re-boot it crash AGAIN, I cannot go into safe mode or it will crash. The OS is Windows vista, [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Checking the event log: [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]There is a yellow caution sign in front of the Richo xD-Picure Card Disk Device, [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Summary of Administrative Events:[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Critical Error:[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri] Event 7; cdrom “The device,\Device\CdRom0, has a bad block. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]15 Events; “the Device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR3, has a bad block.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]1 Event; “Service Pack installation failed with error code 0x800f0a03.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]323 Events; “Event filter with query “SELECT*FROM_InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargeIInstance ISA “WIN3@_Processor” AND TargeInstance.LoadPercentage >99” could not be reactivated on namespace”//./root/CIMV2” because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]4 Event; “the driver detected a controller error in \Device\Hardisk1 DR2.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]1 Event Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070644: Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2598290)[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]1,103 Events; The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume SQ004830V03[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]This is only some of the critical errors for the system [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Therefore, any help would be grateful [/FONT]

Can you re-install Vista fresh? What type of back up were you tying to do? Were you trying to back up the entire hard drive to CD's, or just some important files?

[FONT=Calibri]I was trying to do a full back up, as the backups I had were infected. I would love to do a complete re-store. However, I do not have any good backups. I did do the chkdsk have the system running but I still have the same problems that I had posted[/FONT]

Okay one more time,
Are you using a special program to make the back up? What type of device are you backing up to? It looks like your CD/DVD drive is bad...

[FONT=Calibri]Sorry; I have a Toshiba extended drive 750 gb, and it was only 4% when it crash [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Did not know the Cd/DVD was bad also [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Program to back up was Windows then I was using Reflect the second time to finish answering your questions. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Toshiba 750gb is a external, and No I did not use the CD/DVD drive for the back up[/FONT]

Those "critical errors" point to the CD/DVD and hard(s) drive having issues Have you run check disk "CHKDSK" on the hard drive(s) yet?

[FONT=Calibri]I want to thank you for your help and I will slow down and try to answer your questions to the fullest. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Yes, I did this morning it corrected 58 errors. However when I check the Log I still had the same yellow sign by Ricoh xD-Picture Card Disk Device[/FONT]

You will have to go to the computer's or the motherboards manufacturer's support website and download and install the Ricoh card reader driver found there. Are you running Windows 7? 58 errors may be a sign of a failing hard drive

[FONT=Calibri]I did go to the manufacture’s website and did download and install a vital update that was causing this system to crash. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]I also ordered a new system recovery disk. Thank you [/FONT]

Back