System error category 102 event 1003 and also bug 0x1000008e and 0x100000d1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repested Members
I am facing problem in windows xp sevice pack 2.... PC suddenly crash or reboots some time it stuck on Intel logo screen. Posting error detail along with minidumps..
I have 2.93 GHz pentium 4 processor and 256Mb RAM. I have HP pavilion a1310in desktop PC.Please Help any help will be appreciated..

Attachments

• Mini072509-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 5
Corrupted memory is cited as your cause.

To make sure your RAM hasn't gone bad run Memtest. See this link and follow the tutorial's instructions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better.. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

*** Also, I strongly suggest that a) you install Service Pack 3 and b) you need to have more than 256 megs of RAM. 2 Gigs if your system will allow it, but whatever you do install the maximum that you can.

Hii
Thanx for the help....i will run Memtest and get back to you with the results ASAP.

But before that with respect i want to know one thing why should i install service pack 3...As i have licence version of windows service pack 2 and if i install it from windows update then in that case i have net connection with limited downloading capacity i.e 1Gb for 1 month....so that's why i want to know is it necessary to install the service pack 3 for removing these errors....

once again thanx for help...

SP3 won't remove your errors but it does include security updates, etc. However, reading of your situation then stick with SP2.

You definitely need more RAM though.

thanx for replying once again....yeah i am planning to take 1Gb RAM...
in case of RAM i have one query .....as in my PC there is 256MB DDR2 400MHz RAM...so is it necessary to take the RAM having same frequency?

Good question. To find out what RAM your system can take go to www.crucial.com Crucial is one of the world's leading makers of Memory. They have completely free and safe system scan that will tell you what your type(s) of RAM your system can use and how much. You'll need to install their Active X but as I said it is safe.

Many people who build systems (I've used it many times) like to use this tool. This doesn't mean you have to buy from Crucial. Right now memory is very cheap. It certainly is a buyers market. Just don't mix and match your Memory.

The Same problem reappears...

hi Route44 as i asked for some time...so i upgraded my RAM to 1gb ...and after this it's working quite cool for more than 3 weeks..but suddenly today the problem reappears...and for this RAM i have tested the MEMTEST also which is not showing any error regarding RAM...i am attaching the mini-dump file.Hope you will see it and guide me to remove the problem.

Your error (first time I have ever seen it here) is 0xD0: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL

This is caused by faulty drivers attempting to address an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high that it is not permitted to do. Thus, your system crashes.

The driver cited as the problem is HFSYS.SYS and there is very little on the 'net concerning it but it is not malware. Here is what I found:

Product name: Hide Folders XP
Description: Hide Folders XP driver
Manufacturer: FSPro Labs

Important Edit Update: See this link and please note that they listed as of August 20th several of FSPro Labs products have been invaded with a virus. Link: http://www.fspro.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back