System error

Status
Not open for further replies.

8eios

hello everyone! i just built a new pc and after installing windows xp sp3 and drivers i get error messages at start up. any help would be highly appreciated. hereby i attach the minidump file.

That crash was caused by Kapersky Anti-Virus... You can either try uninstall and reinstall Kapersky or I would recommend a different Anti-Virus program to avoid any future issues.

Filename: kl1.sys
Command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kl1.sys
Description: Driver used by the Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
File Location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kl1.sys
Startup Type: This startup entry is installed as a Windows NT, 2000, 2003, XP, or Vista service.

Your error was caused by avp.exe and kl1.sys... (Kaspersky Internet Security Suite )
The error was 100000D1
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) - An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. ...

Have you tried updating or reinstalling Kaspersky Internet Security Suite ?

I have read that this error (100000D1) can be caused by bad memory:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic108096.html
Have you removed and reseated your ram to make sure it is properly seated?
Have you run memtest to check it for errors since your build? See www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Another Post between my reading and replying.

Sorry... Fastco beat me to it.

yes the problem had to do with kapersky (which was included in the utilities of the mobo's cd with a key valid for 2 months only). i uninstalled it and installed avast. everything is fine now :p
thank you very much guys!!!

kaspersky is good software... I have a friend (whose opinion I highly respect) who recommends it highly.
I am running avira on one machine, and avast on another.
I have also used and like ESET Nod32.
I have seen mixed reviews on AVG.
(one person runs it since Avira let him down, another recommends Avira only, and recommends dumping AVG8)
Your mileage may vary! ;)

Glad your problem seems resolved.
If it crops up again soon, you could probably continue this thread.

i don't disagree that kaspersky is good software. actually i consider it to be one of the best antivirus. i still use it for my laptop and works fine, while in the past i was using it for my other pc until started having issues such as the one described in this thread.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109890.html

i have also used avast, avg, nod32, norton and panda.
panda is also a very good software.
avg i think is better than avast but they both worked ok and never gave me any troubles except once that avast found a virus but couldn't heal it so i used kaspersky to do the job. however i used the free editions for avg and avast so it is not fair to compare them with kaspersky. finally, in my opinion, norton is the worst antivirus of all since not only it doesn't offer better performance than all the other listed above but also it is very heavy for the pc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back