BSOD persists in Windows XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

primox

Hi, some weeks ago I opened a thread here asking for help with a problem with my new hardware and Windows Vista SP1: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107008.html

Since I couldn't find the main reason of the failure, I decided to format my hard drive and install windows XP SP3 instead of Vista.

It has been working fine for a while, but I've got two BSOD since then, approximately one per week.

I write again my system aspects:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.6 Ghz FSB 1333 12MB
M/b: Gigabyte GA-EX38T-DQ6 Socket 775
RAM: (2x) 1GB Mushkin Extreme XP3-12800 DDR3 1600
GPU: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB GDDR3 PCI-e
PSU: 750w Aero Cool Horse Power
HDD: Samsung 500GB SATA, Seagate 500GB SATA

I don't know what has happened. I weren't doing anything at that moment in the computer, and it restarted.

I've attached the two minudumps I have.

Please, could you download them and tell me what can be the problem?

I'm very sad with the new hardware I bought. I'm geting only problems with it, and I don't know why :dead: Of course it was worse with Vista, as I got BSOD several times a day, but I think I shouldn't get any at all.

I'll appreciate any help from you. Thanks in advance.

MiniDump 070208-01:
BugCheck 100000D1, {14, 2, 0, b7573fd2}
Unable to load image klim5.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim5.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim5.sys
Unable to load image Rtenicxp.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rtenicxp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rtenicxp.sys
Probably caused by : klim5.sys ( klim5+191a )

MiniDump 070808-01:
BugCheck 10000050, {e6fc615e, 0, b7625d7d, 2}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+5d7d )

Both these errors are caused by Kaspersky Drivers and both Errors are known to occur with faulty RAM having read your other thread you said you ran Memtest with no errors RAM can pass this and still be faulty so try this test on the link below
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

But also Bugcheck 0x50 can be caused by incompatible software including Anti Virus software.
So try the other memory diagnostic tool on the Microsoft website if that passes then it certainly rules the RAM out and so this being your second Anti Virus program it seems your computer doesn't like being protected :).

Hi woody1191, thanks for taking the time for helping me. I really appreciate it.

As the minidumps say, I have Kaspersky as security product (the Internet Security). However it is not my second antivirus. It is the only one I have.

In fact, when I had Vista, the minidumps also said things about kaspersky drivres. However I changed to other antivirus (nod), and then the minidumps said the problem was with nod drivers.

What I think it is a problem with hardware, so any antivirus will have this kind of problem.

I'll try to run the test you've told me in the following days. Since I own a kaspersky license, I'm going to tell the support about this problem.

Also If I get another BSOD I could remove one of the two RAM sticks I have. Maybe one of them is the problem?

Thanks again. If I get any news I'll let you know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back