System panel connector problem

Eon Blue

So, I recently purchased parts from Newegg to make a new system, everything went fine when putting all of the parts together and plugging all of the cords from the PSU into the motherboard and the peripherals. My problem is that when I plug the PSU into the wall outlet and try to turn on the computer from the front panel, it won't turn on. I have plugged all of the system panel connectors correctly into the motherboard according to my motherboard's manual specifications. I have already tried different outlets and have the setting on the PSU set to 110. I think that the problem might be faulty wires from the system panel connectors. The light on the motherboard turns on when the PSU is plugged in and turned on, so I don't think that the PSU is the problem.

Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Will post system specs if needed.

System Specifications:

CPU:AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard:ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Graphics Card:ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/768MD5 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

RAM: CORSAIR XMS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Ultra Stable Desktop Memory Model

CDROM/DVDROM Drive:Sony Optiarc Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive

HDD:: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA
3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

PSU:ePOWER EP-600NE-XV 600W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.92 Power Supply

Computer Case:RAIDMAX Hurricane ATX-248WB Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Well, there are two main options, either one of your components is faulty, or you did not install the hardware correctly.

As all your hardware is brand new, its unlikely, but still possible. Problem is when everything is new, its harder to figure out what is defective.

I would just go with hypothesis two, that something is not plugged in correctly. Double check the front panel connections and everything else, make sure its all tight. Use different rails for all components if possible (although 600W should be plenty). Make sure that the CPU fan is plugged into the motherboard. Make sure that no unplugged power connectors are touching anything.

Besides the light, what else powers up? The CPU cooler, case fans, hard drives? Any beeps when you turn it on?

Sorry for not replying, I've been just checking all of the connectors from the PSU and looking at the components on the motherboard and whatnot. If one of my components were faulty, such as the RAM, wouldn't the computer still power up, even if its just the fans or the HDD spinning up? The problem is, is that it won't even turn on at all. I still think that the problem still lies within the System Panel Connections, I don't know. I'm gonna try out a different computer case to see if it is definitely the system panel connectors.

No worries. When testing the hardware, just remember to only switch out one component at a time. In your situation with brand new components, you're going to have to be methodical and patient.

So if you're going to test a new case, make sure that you switch over all the other components into that case.

One more thought, did you connect the onboard speaker on your motherboard? You should be getting some kind of beeping.

What else you may want to do before putting everything into the old case is to put in another power supply into the new case, and see if that has any effect.

ePOWER EP-600NE-XV 600W

It is most deffinetly the power supply i bought the same one u own and it dosnt work, i have bought 3 and sent them all back cause they dont work, dont buy them from newegg.

Back