System restarts automatically or shows blank screen

hi,

my system restarts automatically . If i use IE it debug and if try to use mozila it crashes and shows error report when i logged into. And creates few files somewhere in the system which i cant locate through run search
I copied those file details

C:\DOCUME~1\Meera\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1a37.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Meera\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1a37.dir00\appcompat.txt

i dont what to do with this. I've given to service centre and but couldnt rectify

Error viewer also shows some faults such as

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x1940eabb.

Earlier it showed some Dhcp error also

My system details

XP-Version 2002/Service Pack2

Pc

Amd Sempron(tm)Processor
2500+1.40GHz,448MB RAM

Pls help me in this

Regards,

Meera

Can you do the following?

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

We notice your XP is not updated to Service Pack 3. We here at TechSpot strongly urge all XP users to update to SP3 for stability and security reasons.

Nothing definitive was cited by hardware. Therefore run Memtest on your memory. It is free and quite safe.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Done Memory Test

Hi,

I've done the Memory test yesterday and find out 3072 errors:confused:

Wall time : About 9 hrs
Cached :447 m
Rsvd Mem :432 k
Pass : 35
Errors : 3072
Ecc Error : 0

I've only one stick so i think i need not do the 2 nd step

From you reply i understood that i've to buy new RAM..
IS there no other way to solve this?

I bought this 512 RAM just one year back only..
And i done so because my 252 RAM had some display problem..

So can you pls tel why this occur always...?

My battery back up is not good. It gets off whenever power off .. I read somewher else sudden power off cause system memory corrupt. Is it rit? Is this happened bcoz of that?

If i change RAM and Battery will it happen again

Pls reply

Regards,

Meera

Back