System Security pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I got your message with the link to the thread UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions. I am currently preforming those steps now.

But I started receiving a pop-up stating System Security Warning - you have 38 dangers on your computer and then was prompted to buy their softward for $50 to save my info. I contacted Norton Antivirus (with whom I am currently using) and they told me that it was a virus, blah blah blah.

After much research I found you guys previous thread on using malware. I installed it and it said I had 0 objects infected. So I am currently running the steps you guys reccommend. Hope this works - I am at my wits end.
Oh, not to mention, I am completely ignorant about computers

Ran 8 updated steps....

And it found nothing! AGH!!!!
Here are my 3 logs. I am still receiving the annoying System Security Pop-up.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Delete
C:\ProgramData\1665087046\883225145.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [883225145] "C:\ProgramData\1665087046\883225145.exe"

Kazi THanks

Thank you for your feedback - I am running the scan and will post report in a few.
I chose not to delete what splashy suggested as of yet, Do you suggest I delete this?

No please do not remove them from HJT as cleaning the HJT log is the last step for a Successful Cleanup

Also it might be new. go update MBAM and do a quick scan. If it comes clean just tell me and if something appears, attach the log

Many people recommend to uninstall Norton however the choice is yours. Free anti viruses are located in the 8 steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back