System Security pop-up

By CompProblem4
Dec 22, 2008
  1. Hi, I got your message with the link to the thread UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions. I am currently preforming those steps now.

But I started receiving a pop-up stating System Security Warning - you have 38 dangers on your computer and then was prompted to buy their softward for $50 to save my info. I contacted Norton Antivirus (with whom I am currently using) and they told me that it was a virus, blah blah blah.

After much research I found you guys previous thread on using malware. I installed it and it said I had 0 objects infected. So I am currently running the steps you guys reccommend. Hope this works - I am at my wits end.
    Oh, not to mention, I am completely ignorant about computers
  2. CompProblem4

CompProblem4 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ran 8 updated steps....

And it found nothing! AGH!!!!
    Here are my 3 logs. I am still receiving the annoying System Security Pop-up.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
  3. CompProblem4

Just trying to bump it up - I really want this stuff to go away.
    Can anyone help?
  4. splashy

splashy TS Rookie

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [883225145] "C:\ProgramData\1665087046\883225145.exe"
  5. Kazi

Kazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 121

Run kaspersky online scan

USE only with internet Explorer

Press agree when it comes up
    Let it download updates and such
    Then click My Computer at the side and begin the scan
    When scan is done save the log and attach back
  6. CompProblem4

Kazi THanks

Thank you for your feedback - I am running the scan and will post report in a few.
    I chose not to delete what splashy suggested as of yet, Do you suggest I delete this?
  7. Kazi

Kazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 121

No please do not remove them from HJT as cleaning the HJT log is the last step for a Successful Cleanup

Also it might be new. go update MBAM and do a quick scan. If it comes clean just tell me and if something appears, attach the log

Many people recommend to uninstall Norton however the choice is yours. Free anti viruses are located in the 8 steps
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.