TechSpot

Tablets expected to outpace laptop sales this year

By Rick
Nov 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. North American sales of tablets are poised to surpass laptop sales for the first time, claims industry analyst NPD DisplaySearch. The firm points out that sinking tablet prices (e.g. Nexus 7 @ $199, Amazon Kindle Fire @ $159) and ever-increasing...

Read more

2. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 411   +79

To bat you can't really do homework on a tablet. If not I would buy one for myself. My htc evo 4g lte handles all my media needs at the moment. Although I am considering buying an ipad mini for my g/f. Personally I hate ios, but she is ecstatic about it.

3. Tablets are just a fad /s

4. That's what Microsoft said last year and look at it now with 'The Surface'.

5. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 639   +127

3D is a fad. Tablets are just a form of digital evolution. It doesn't matter whether you like them or not, they're here to stay.

Strangely enough, they're another device that was predicted by Star Trek.

6. colinf

colinf TS Rookie Posts: 43   +7

there not really a fad anymore, but most (probably 95%) of those that buy one very soon realize they didnt actually have need of one

my dad bought an ipad, I doubted his need of owning one, he espoused he needed it to power his linn magik (as a remote/playlist link to his nas) all was fine for about 2 months........its now gathering dust in a draw and he uses his laptop

7. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 198   +28

In other news... Laptop theft is down, Tablet theft is up!

8. To all those that didn't know --> "/s" means sarcastim

9. Sarcasm doesn't translate well online though :p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.