Inactive Task Manager not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last few years I've only used my laptop, leaving my desktop at home for my brother to use. I came home this weekend, to find that for some reason he'd removed any kind of protection over the computer. Because I've got them saved on a thumb drive for just such an occasion, I was able to install and run both Avast and Malwarebytes. They removed plenty of the problems on the computer but there are a few things that still won't seem to fix. The task manager can't be opened, and HiJack this seems to think there's a version of itself already running, so I can't get that open. Having good security on my machines, I've never needed to do any of this before, if I don't have something I need let me know, thanks.

Well I got HiJack this to run, but it wont let me attach it here for some reason, every time I try to upload, the screen turns and says The Connection has been reset. Advice? Sorry about all the problems, never again will he use this computer.

Well I couldn't get it to work, but I saved it as a Google Document, not sure if posting links like this is allowed, if not I'll take it down, and apologies in advance.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASrin_VNU2lrZGducmpybXhfOGZoZ2t6c2R4&hl=en

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back