Tech Tip: Five Clever Ways To Make Dropbox More Useful

Great article, might have some use for at least a couple of these tweaks to the use of DropBox.

The ultimate use of dropbox is this:
Dropbox + Liberkey + (any sort of decent launcher) = syncable and self updating programs.

"you can use Dropbox to do much more like autostarting torrent downloads from any location or device"

Don't forget Dropbox has said they will be freely sharing information on all your documents/files with the authorities. So be very careful about WHAT torrents you download!

For gamesaves it's probably worth mentioning that GameSave Manager has built in dropbox support.
All my savegames are there, my WoW addons and settings too.

Indeed, Dropbox is a great way to distribute large files.Comcast limits you to 10KB and gmail to 25 KB. I placed sections of my family history book into Dropbox, so interested persons could see the parts pertaining to them - 50-100MB with graphics.
A really excellent service.

Funny how the internet finds out Dropbox is not as, let's say, "transparent", as we thought, and immediately the next day Techspot makes an article about how to take advantage of Dropbox itself. I'm not blaming Techspot or anything, I'm just finding the (seemingly accidental) irony, quite amusing at the moment.

well, to say don't use dropbox for anything important is a little misleading. I use it for work, and the files I store are extremely important to me. I would hope that they are safe from disappearing from the cloud. However, non of these files have any SENSITIVE or CONFIDENTIAL information, so the government can look at them to their hearts' content.

Lawfer, your message has a point. I don't like these tactics at all. Anyway, last time here on TechSpot. I delete the site from my bookmarks. See you.

Back