Tech Tip of the Week: Unearth Region-Specific Windows 7 Themes

Jos

Windows 7 ships with several unique themes and desktop backgrounds, ranging from the traditional scenic landscapes to creepy character art. In all, though, there are only about 13 accessible themes, which can't really cover the broad spectrum of individual taste. While it's a breeze to tweak themes to something you like, having more stock configurations to choose from certainly wouldn't hurt, right?

This week's tip: Unearth Region-Specific Windows 7 Themes
https://www.techspot.com/guides/220-unlock-hidden-windows-7-themes/

I remember having plus on my windows 95 computer, it didn't do much, but with new iconpacks and windows border styles really made working in the computer more enjoyable.

I remember running plus on osr2. I also had Plus on windows 98. I think Xp also had some Digital media add on , I had some game trials on it.Pinball,etc. Ritesh Nair

Plus! came with an old Dell XP machine I bought years ago and I actually bought Plus! for my first build in which I installed XP.

I just tested this out on my work machine, but it only found Australia, Canada, United Kingdom and South Africa in the results? Is this because I'm running the Windows 7 Enterprise version? no biggie as you can still get then for free off the MS site....

OSR2 ... wow haven't heard that for such a long time! 95 / 98 weren't complete without Plus!

The Plus pack also had the first version of Windows' Task Scheduler - not that anyone used it.

i miss pinball from xp in windows 7... and i can always remember that inside your pc theme. that screen saver drove everyone nuts.

I have found the South Africa (ZA), Great Britain (GB), Canada (CA) and Australia (AU) themes (and of course, the US theme), but none of the others. Does anybody want to trade?

Back