TechSpot web page freezes

Poppa Bear

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so hope it's OK here?

I don't know if it's my browser settings, which are almost all default; or the browser's corrupt; or Techspot is having problems; but once I've logged in, every time I try to post a PM, edit a thread, go advanced, or hit preview; my browser freezes for about a minute.

Then a warning comes up: "A scipt on this page is causing Internet Explorer, (8), to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive. Do you want to stop running this scrpt?"

When I click yes, it unfreezes until I open a new web page when it happens all over again. I'm not having problems with any other web sites opened that have graphic ads running.

Any ideas please?

I assume this just started happening today?
Please let me know if it's fixed now. Thanks for letting us know about the problem.

Poppa Bear
See, if other browser, like Firefox has similar issues.
Also...
Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same problem?

No need to change any settings if the problem just started today. Last night I experimented with a setting in vBulletin "Send Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility Header" that reads:

Sends an HTTP header that instructs Internet Explorer 8 to render pages as Internet Explorer 7 would do so, rather than enabling full standards-compliance mode, which may result in rendering problems for templates that have not been updated for IE8.

Thinking this was introduced back when IE8 was in earlier development stages, I assumed it was no longer an issue with the browser (I tried it on my machine without a problem) but looks like that's not the case and it's been reverted back.

IE 8 Techspot page freeze

To Julio re:
I assume this just started happening today?
Please let me know if it's fixed now. Thanks for letting us know about the problem.

No need to change any settings if the problem just started today. Last night I experimented with a setting in vBulletin "Send Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility Header" that reads:

Sends an HTTP header that instructs Internet Explorer 8 to render pages as Internet Explorer 7 would do so, rather than enabling full standards-compliance mode, which may result in rendering problems for templates that have not been updated for IE8.

Thinking this was introduced back when IE8 was in earlier development stages, I assumed it was no longer an issue with the browser (I tried it on my machine without a problem) but looks like that's not the case and it's been reverted back.
Thanks for feedback. Yes it only started today. I'm posting this reply as a test to see if problem's resolved.

Everything seems to be OK now. Can't do "Advanced view" for preview on this forum, but it's working OK in standard. I'll try a PM after this, just to be sure.

My IE8 browser has all latest Microsoft updates.

Cheers Bernie

Back