TechSpot's Most Anticipated PC Games of 2013

Jos

Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/guides/634-hot-pc-games-of-2013/]https://www.techspot.com/guides/634-hot-pc-games-of-2013/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

A little addition to the Dead Space 3 info from the DS3 producer:
Four replay modes once you beat the game once;
Game+ : As per the previous DS/DS2, allows the player to retain any upgrades from the previous play through
Classic Mode: Old school Dead Space single player
Pure Survival Mode: Resources are only gotten by killing necromorphs. No freebee pickups
Hardcore Mode: Looks similar to Hardcore in DS2, except that DS2 allowed three save game points during the whole play through. DS3 has only one

Cannot get enough of the beta for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm so bring it on :)

I'm surprised that the elder scrolls online was left out. That and bf4 are most likely the only games that I will preorder this year.

GTA V and Company of Heroes 2 are my pre-order's.

Tomb Raider looks interesting

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm & Bioshock Infinite is also near the top of my list.

Its' just too early for Battlefield 4 to be honest, hell the last expansion pack comes out in march for BF3, then half a year later the next game comes out? no way am I buying into that.

Crysis 3 from what I have seen so far won't be anything special.

Looks like a great big bunch of sequels that will most likely disappoint fans of the previous installments. I can't even get excited about the re-re-re-re-release of Sim City these days because I know just how far EA have fallen.

Looking forward to the release of sc2:heart of the swarm here, but not buying, unless blizzard will make another price cut for 2013 thanksgiving sale.
( I bought my d3 and sc2: wol at discounted prices last 2012 thanksgiving; I'm not in a hurry)

the opening scene of sc2: hots is awesome.

Games I'm excited about:

Crysis 3 - as long as they don't change gameplay and how freely you can use your suit.

Dark Souls 2 - The 1st one is by far the best RPG I've played in my entire life. If they can keep the standards and fix the the very few flaws it has, this 2nd game will be one hell of a ride.

Dragon Age III - The 1st game was an unique experience, the 2nd should have just been called "Dragon Arcade", although the skill system was awesome. I just hope they put their **** together in the next game.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - If it's just as good as Conviction, I'm diving in. And for those of you who like to say it wasn't a true stealth game, try playing in realistic mode and come back again, please.

Tomb Raider - well, it just looks great in every way.

Watchdogs - whatever it is, I like it

Games I'm excited about:

Crysis 3 - as long as they don't change gameplay and how freely you can use your suit.

What?! wait what? I'm guessing you only played the first one?
Nope, I played both. I'm just one of the few who likes the 2nd better than the 1st.

I'm yet to come past many people like you so I'm going to ask, why? what was better in 2 than one? the suite reloads its power faster, apart from that everything else was rubbish in comparison but I'm intrigued to know what you think.

Its' just too early for Battlefield 4 to be honest, hell the last expansion pack comes out in march for BF3, then half a year later the next game comes out? no way am I buying into that.
At least the Battlefield expansions add more than 4 maps per pack. There are new assignments, new maps, new guns, new game modes, new vehicles. It's literally an "expansion" unlike the CoD equivalent.
I'm proud of Dice for supporting the DLCs for the last 14 months. I love most of the expansions for BF3 (except Close Quarters aka CoD). BF4 will come out about 2 full years after BF3, which is much more than can be said for the year after year iteration of CoD (I know they split development between Infinity Ward and Treyarch, but see my point).

I'm looking forward to the new Sim City the most :D.

New Starcraft 2 expansion looks cool also, but I felt a little let down my Starcraft 2 and I'm annoyed at Blizzard for releasing each race's campaign as a new expansion. I will most likely wait on getting the expansion until its on sale for a nice low price.

I have played a bit of thew DmC, and its a fun game, I'm just having trouble with comparing to the first 4 and it doesn't feel the same.

I will probably play Dragon Age III: Inquisition at some point. I enjoyed that last one quite a bit.

Bioshock Infinite, Elder Scrolls Online and , if they fix the size of the cities, Sim City. I played the beta and actually liked what little I did play--weird for me.

Also, Tomb Raider. But I am going to wait on this one and see what the general consensus is

I'm yet to come past many people like you so I'm going to ask, why? what was better in 2 than one? the suite reloads its power faster, apart from that everything else was rubbish in comparison but I'm intrigued to know what you think.
I thought the story was much more interesting in the 2nd game, as well as the atmosphere. The suit activates certain powers automatically, like speed and strength, instead of you having to manually enable them. I like to play all my games with a gamepad if possible and crysis 2 has a much better button layout than the original. I'm not at all into 1st person shooters and for some reason, the 1st game didn't interest me that much. On the other hand, crysis 2 is my favorite game of the genre and I've finished it 3x. I believe that from the perspective of people who actually like 1st person shooters, the original game is way better, while I like to pay more attention to narrative, atmosphere and plot development. I tend to like games in a very particular way. Just like said in the other post, the first dragon age is far better than the second, you have to be a fool not to realize it, but I just loved it. Another game that in my opinion kicks serious *** is Syndicate, which a lot of people hated.

I thought the story was much more interesting in the 2nd game, as well as the atmosphere. The suit activates certain powers automatically, like speed and strength, instead of you having to manually enable them. I like to play all my games with a gamepad if possible and crysis 2 has a much better button layout than the original. I'm not at all into 1st person shooters and for some reason, the 1st game didn't interest me that much. On the other hand, crysis 2 is my favorite game of the genre and I've finished it 3x. I believe that from the perspective of people who actually like 1st person shooters, the original game is way better, while I like to pay more attention to narrative, atmosphere and plot development. I tend to like games in a very particular way. Just like said in the other post, the first dragon age is far better than the second, you have to be a fool not to realize it, but I just loved it. Another game that in my opinion kicks serious *** is Syndicate, which a lot of people hated.

I guess that makes sense, especially if your not into first person shooters, the first one was far more hard core than the second (sandbox, attack the story however you like), although I don't know how the story is any better? in fact Crysis 2 ruined the story because you play as some randomer and no one from the actual story line that had been laid out in the first game? I want to know what happens when they arrived back at the island god damn it!

Instead they produced Crysis 2, set years later, prophet dies as the first thing and your some random solder that was near the coast? Some Corporation has taken over and the aliens have all changed, its just rubbish.

The Graphics were worse (they released a few patches a year later though that helped quite a bit), the game play was worse, the upgrade system was messy and all the auto suite stuff just meant they had to increase how quickly the suite recharged otherwise you'd constantly be standing around waiting, although it was a change that was not necessarily bad.

But, this was the worse thing for me, the A.I. were Appalling on Crysis 2, original Crysis they were smart(ish) they would flank, they could hear, see and trip up on you, they would deviate from there predetermined route if they did think you were near by, in Crysis 2, they seem completely brain dead.
I think this was deliberate though, with a game pad it does take longer to aim onto stuff and they needed to slow down the enemy's somehow.

Anyway I guess if you preferred it, nothing is going to change that :p
I do wonder though, have you ever played the Half-Life series? because if you have and you actually rate Crysis 2 higher on story and narrative than Half-Life, you've got a screw lose :p

EDIT: I'd also like to add, your completely right with Dragon Age though, the first was better than the second!

Burty117
Everything you said is quite right. The problems is I played crysis 2 before the original crysis. I wasn't expecting anything, I had nothing to be disappointed at. The only 1st person shooter I had played before Crysis 2 was Modern Warfare 2, which had me hugely impressed, I had never seen anything like it. The A.I. in Crysis 2 does suck, such a shame.
The only 1st person shooters I've played so far are: Crysis, Crysis 2, Modern Warfare 2, Syndicate, Battlefield 3.

Edit: It maybe exactly because I played the 2nd game before the 1st that its story was more attractive to me. Who knows...

These games look great. From Splinter cell, to the map size and look of GTA V, to Lost Planet 3?!... waaaatf? Didn't the first two bomb?

I can't wait for BF4, GTA V, Watchdogs, Dirt 2, and Splinter Cell.

But what I'd really like to see is more and realistic character animations, and destructible environments that can be altered in real-time by natural disasters or massive explosions caused by you, someone else... or something else.

Each to his own. I also preferred the 2nd one to the 1st. Warhead included.

These games look great. From Splinter cell, to the map size and look of GTA V, to Lost Planet 3?!... waaaatf? Didn't the first two bomb?

I can't wait for BF4, GTA V, Watchdogs, Dirt 2, and Splinter Cell.

But what I'd really like to see is more and realistic character animations, and destructible environments that can be altered in real-time by natural disasters or massive explosions caused by you, someone else... or something else.
DiRT 2 ??? You're a couple of years behind buddy. DiRT 3 was released a while back as was it's follow up 'Showdown'. I take it you mean Grid 2. Ah well not all is lost. I'm looking forward to it too.

Burty117
Everything you said is quite right. The problems is I played crysis 2 before the original crysis. I wasn't expecting anything, I had nothing to be disappointed at. The only 1st person shooter I had played before Crysis 2 was Modern Warfare 2, which had me hugely impressed, I had never seen anything like it. The A.I. in Crysis 2 does suck, such a shame.
The only 1st person shooters I've played so far are: Crysis, Crysis 2, Modern Warfare 2, Syndicate, Battlefield 3.

Edit: It maybe exactly because I played the 2nd game before the 1st that its story was more attractive to me. Who knows...

Meh, I guess I can see it from your point of view, I still think if you play a first person shooter for its story and narrative and atmosphere, you really need to play the Half-Life games :p

Each to his own. I also preferred the 2nd one to the 1st. Warhead included.

Meh, did you also play Crysis 2 before Crysis 1?

Back