TechSpot's Product Finder: Our Latest Project

Nice! A bit like testfreaks.com I guess, but I like it!

Already checking out my future motherboard :)
Keep the good work up, guys!

Very cool. Are you guys planning on adding a section where TechSpot members who are owners of a given product can give their feedback too? I think that would be very useful.

Great idea. I could use a product rating aggregate service. Hope it gets to be fairly extensive and fairly fair.

gwailo247 said:
Very cool. Are you guys planning on adding a section where TechSpot members who are owners of a given product can give their feedback too? I think that would be very useful.

Would be nice to have proof of purchase, but that would be a lot of man power.

this is sweet.. just took a look... cant believe how good it is, and why has no one done this before?

spydercanopus said:
gwailo247 said:

I guess what techspot could do it review the user review of the product and make sure that they go into enouh detail that proves they have had at least hands on contact with it?

I think Proof of purchase would be going a bit far and to be fair, I don't have proof of purchase on a few of my products because i've either won them or been given them! :)

It is a (very) good start.

I believe your filters should have more characteristics. For example. I looked at storage, then at SSD's, but you didn't have a filter for size. As I am looking for around 120 GB, I had to go through a number of pages to find all of them, and some of the titles didn't have the size, so I had to open them to find out what the size was.

Being able to select a number of products for side to side comparisons would be helpful as well.

All of this takes time, so as I say, it is a good start.

burty117 said:
spydercanopus said:
gwailo247 said:

I guess what techspot could do it review the user review of the product and make sure that they go into enouh detail that proves they have had at least hands on contact with it?

I think Proof of purchase would be going a bit far and to be fair, I don't have proof of purchase on a few of my products because i've either won them or been given them! :)
Or at the very least, make sure that only registered users of TechSpot can leave reviews.

But in regards to the article, I think that this is awesome! Good work, guys, and keep it up!

Great idea, i've used your buying guides in a a couple builds for people, and a good source for other products is a resource I'll use a lot. You guys rock!

I took a quick look at it, very nice work. However the first thing I want to do is sort by price from low to high, that way I can find the medium for quality product to low price. There is no sort by price from low to high :( Just from price X to Y.

I hope you implement some kind of score degradation system. Scores should gradually decrease over time as they compare to current technology (or, a secondary, relavancy score could be added). Many (for example) phones are still available on the market that got good reviews a year ago, but realistically they don't deserve the same score today.

Otherwise, everything looks great and I will definitely make use of this new feature. Thanks =D

Also, you have the ThermalTake Chaser MK-I listed, but the product links within go to some keyboard.

wagan8r said:
Or at the very least, make sure that only registered users of TechSpot can leave reviews.

But in regards to the article, I think that this is awesome! Good work, guys, and keep it up!

Perhaps a minimum post count should be required before someone can post a review?

I hope I'm not crashing your party, but popularity ranking is stupid and drives the crowd toward Intel products in a pure Apple style.There should be an option for processor type both in motherboards and laptops section.There should be categories of laptops such as netbooks, ultrabooks, student type, gaming laptops and so on, options valid through other categories.One can not buy hardware just for the bragging rights, SO NOT SO GOOD IN IMPLEMENTATION AS IT WAS IN INTENTION.

congratulations! A very good initiative.I particularly like the features regarding the pros & cons,and also the reviews which are categorised by 'good', 'excellent', 'bad' , that way one will know about the positives as well as negatives which people encountered during their extensive usage.I haven't seen such concept anywhere else. :p

The Product Finder seems like a nice addition to Techspot but what happened to the Deals page? The one that could be sorted by date and hotness of the deal.

I didn't mean to make a mountain of out a molehill, I just figured that some of the members who build or service computers could probably add a lot of real world information that a tech writer may not have access to in the same way, say advising us that a given video card is very hard to clean, or a given CPU cooler tends to start making a noise after six months.

Obviously having Guest write "Nvidia sucks, buy AMD" on every Nvidia card article would be pointless, but I think that this site's members would be a valuable resource to be tapped. The forums are filled with lots of people who give great hardware advice in terms of purchase and service, and it would be good IMO to channel that knowledge into product reviews, where they would be more accessible than forum searching.

Back