Temp file cannot delete sqlite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Just joined techspot as I was recommended by a friend when I told him I had a C drive probelm.

He found in the Windows Folder then Temp Folder a file SQLITE which takes up the whole of my C Drive memory - we 'googled' and came across your site.

I've been following the problems that Garrity had in April 2007, as my problem is exactly the same, can delete previous days sqlite but when trying to delete todays it says someone else is using the programme etc.etc. and I'm the only who uses this computer and it's the only one we have.

This sqlilte runs from when I switch on my computer until I switch it off.

I got upto number 7 where Howard advises to run search, I've done this and have found:-

12 items in C:\Documents & Settings ranging from 1kb - 17,163kb
1 item in C:\WINDOWS\temp sqlite_arCU2bIS13bEHCf 62,149,228kb
2 in C:\Program Files\Adobe\R.... 252kb

Can anyone help me and advise what to do next? I am a complete novice with the technical side of things but I can follow instructions. Many thanks

Hi

if its SQLITE then it runs as a service and this would need to be stopped before you can remove it.

click start then run and enter services.msc

go down the list of services and find sqlite....then stop it and change its startup type to disabled.

now reboot the PC and then you should be able to delete it.

By the way if your interested SQlite is a database management tool used in things like this forum if your running anything like that then they wont work anymore.

Thank you for your help. I've run services.msc as advised and can't find anything with SQLITE in, so it's still running and utilising all my spare C Drive. From your comments I'm assuming 'sqlite' is nothing to be worried about - is this true? Is it normal to have this running on a computer and using all the C Drive?

You can also customize your BartPE CD with plugins. Just select what you may need from what's listed on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back