TechSpot

Tethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1 now available, iPhone 5 coming soon

By Shawn Knight
Jan 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple released iOS 6.1 yesterday sporting a couple of new features and bug fixes. We’ve since learned, however, that it has already been jailbroken courtesy of Redsn0w. It’s a tethered jailbreak but if you really have the need to update...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,971   +586

Did you hear that???!!! ... the sound of chuckles coming from the US... The Apple's fallen ones, who disregarded the new law and got busted...and like yeah, jailbreak this...

Is it also illegal to post this stuff online though? Ops, better get out, before it is illegal to read it... :)

3. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

It's not illegal to jailbreak your phone; it'll just void your warranty. It's illegal to unlock it to work on other carriers or switch to another account/person.

mario likes this.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,971   +586

Thank you, I was, as always, being ironic :) Also, a day without bashing Apple is the day wasted :)
    (your neighbor troll) :)

5. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

Oh, I hate Apple more than most people. My adviser (I'm a doctoral candidate) is simply in love with Apple everything. Not a day goes by that I don't bash Apple to him at least 2 or 3 times :)
    Go Transformer Infinity!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.