TechSpot

The August Yves Behar-designed Smart Lock announced at D11

By Jesse
May 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The home automation scene is booming, with platforms from both major players like AT&T’s Digital Life, and some very interesting offerings from Kickstarter funded startups like SmartThings. These platforms allow you to automate and stay connected to a multitude of...

Read more

2. lchu12

lchu12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

Already working for a company that is in home automation...awesome when there's a budget. lolz

3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

The smart house concept needs an open standard. One company can't make all of them.

4. General Sam

General Sam TS Member Posts: 26

Could someone hack this device? Or is it using some form of authentication to prevent anyone getting in?

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,350   +806

It looks funky but I'll just stick with the lock & key. With my luck every time I want to lock or unlock my front door I'll find that my phones battery is flat or something else has gone wrong. I've used a key all my life and never had the urge or inclination to use something else. Nah I'll let the idle rich be the guinea pigs for this one.

SalaSSin likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.