The Best Headphones 2018

Philips Fidelio X2? Seriously? I'd've said the Sennheiserr HD600s were way, way, better (and the same price on Amazon.com right now, albeit discounted)

People become touchy when it comes to headphones. Especially the so-called audiophiles. For them, it's either Sennheiser or nothing.

Too bad, heaphones experiencing is subjective, and what one perceives to be the best does not matter for others.

And following the hype doesn't help as well.

People become touchy when it comes to headphones. Especially the so-called audiophiles. For them, it's either Sennheiser or nothing.

Too bad, heaphones experiencing is subjective, and what one perceives to be the best does not matter for others.

I tested my sisters amazon #1 selling empow headphones, and they sounded cheap. There is a cheap sound and I don't think it is subjective. I believe most people after testing 300 bose quiet headphones and sony 100 headset will agree that bose sounds better. You can take equally priced headphones though, and disagree on which one is better. They would just sound different.

It's such a shame that Oppo Digital left the market, their PM3 (closed back) magnar planer and their PM2 (open back) magnar planer's are simply fantastic.

I've run with ATH-M50s for a while now; if nothing else they are built like tanks. I've pulled out the cable multiple times while walking around my room and I've never encountered audio problems as a result. By contrast, I have a graveyard of headsets from Sennheiser that have only one cup working after pulling hard on the cable once.

Are there anything that exist like the the airpod earphones and it's wireless?

I hate the earbuds that requires me to stick into my ears it feels weird and very uncomfortable.

If you havent tested Philips SHP9500 then you should.
trust me.
best price/quality

There it is! SHP9500/S are supposed to be one of the better bang for buck if you can nab em at $60 on sale vs the 150/200 they normally go for. Super comfortable open back.

Methinks you are generalizing here. Especially with the senn or nothing comment. You should probably look over at head-fi's best headphones, as it clearly disproves that statement.

The only subjective part of headphones is whether or not you like the sound signature. Things like Soundstage, instrument separation, and imaging are not. There are audiophiles who are heavily subjective but the same could be said of any hobby. I suggest you keep your preconceived notions in check.

I had a $150 pair of Audio Technica WS55 and they sounded amazing, but broke apart and the swivel plastic shattered when dropped. I’ll never spend big money again. I bought Hyper X Cloud and they sound great, but the design is simple and bulletproof. Compare those 2 designs and you’ll see what I mean.

Yes, I can second the high rating of the 1More Triples... When I first starting listening to them, I was rather startled at the "new" music I could hear. Damn fine earbuds! But they're only $80 on Amazon.

Philips Fidelio X2? Seriously? I'd've said the Sennheiserr HD600s were way, way, better (and the same price on Amazon.com right now, albeit discounted)
I have both and the X2's are what I have on this very moment. They are a steal even at 300.00.

Are there anything that exist like the the airpod earphones and it's wireless?

I hate the earbuds that requires me to stick into my ears it feels weird and very uncomfortable.

I hate the earbuds that requires me to stick into my ears it feels weird and very uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

The Jabra Elite 65t. Price match any online or retail store at bestbuy.

I have both and the X2's are what I have on this very moment. They are a steal even at 300.00.
'Phones are a personal choice I guess - and at least we're not talking Beats!. For me I love the comfort of my 558s and 600s and the X2's didn't fit (pun intended) the bill. I use my closed back HyperX Cloud 2s when at the PC anyway.

Cheapest is best. Free is even better. This is a disposable item. Even airlines give them away!

I've just purchased the Jabra Elite 65t. Not as good as advertised. Really nice features yes. But need more volume and bass! I've played around with the app settings, still can't get nearly the volume and bass I really want. Overall sound quality 8/10

Final Audio E3000 - best $50 earbud monitors I've ever heard, huge soundstage, and they even have a mic for phone calls.

I love music but I am not an audiophile. For my personal budget and preferences, anything over $30 is "high end". I've listened to some $90 earphones, and while they definitely sound better than my $15 Sennheiser MX 365 earbuds, they are not 6x better, especially for listening to streaming music from my phone.

Back