The NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars are building the world's largest LED HD displays

By Shawn Knight
Mar 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars haven't been a powerhouse on the gridiron in recent years but fans will no doubt have something to get excited about in the near future. That's because the club has commissioned Daktronics to install...

Read more
  2. Thats one way, for the WORST TEAM IN THE NFL, to spend their money! good job!
  3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

This stands head and shoulders above all in the pantheon of understatement!
    You must have the Jags confused with a sports franchise!
    Moving to L.A.?
    Jax owe their fans a jumbotron? I would have thought they'd owe the fans some decent draft picks and a semblance of depth on the roster, but hey, a TV is good too. At least the Blaine Gabbert experiment has been terminated.
    I'm sure the fans masochists will love seeing the fail in iMax proportions.
    lmike6453 likes this.
  4. JagsFan

JagsFan TS Rookie

The WORST TEAM? You must not follow Football.
  5. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Addict Posts: 292   +68

There is nothing wrong to please the fans and improve the facility. Ignoring either will not strengthen a franchise.
  6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Luckily, the worst team also resides in the AFC South. Getting a couple of wins from the Keystone Kops Texans sure makes that 4-12 record look good.
  7. So Mr. Khan's idea is to bring people to the games by reminding them that they could be watching at home on their own large screen LED TV's (w/ air conditioning, $1.50 beer, no bathroom lines, no drunk *****s, and free nachos)??

How do massive LED displays fair in tropical storm/hurricane weather? Please, please, puh-leese have these things insured or else the good people of Jax are out their $55M.
  8. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,276   +106

...wait, I get free nachos if I stay at home? Why hasnt anyone told me? And why hasnt anyone brought me by free nachos?!
  9. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,276   +106

Do they list a resolution anywhere? Curious... I guess 13HD? Whatever that means... I guess I can assume HD... lol
  10. Teko03

Teko03 TS Maniac Posts: 304   +105

Or maybe you don't. Just because they didn't have the worse record doesn't mean they aren't the worse (or close to it). It's a close pick between the Jaguars, Raiders, Browns & Bucs --- and I'll give you this, they're the best of those worst LOL. The Falcons, Redskins & Texans each just had a bad season for various reasons, but those teams are defintely not the worse.
  11. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

In 'murica, people go to a football stadium to watch TV.
  12. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Booster Posts: 204   +28

Lol since the team sucks they can distract the fans with super huge led screens