The sound from my x-fi fatal1ty platinum disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The sound from my Creatice X-fi Fatal1ty Platinum card has disappeared. I made no changes to the configuration. The only change I've made today is updating itunes to version 8.0.1. Since then I've tried the following to no avail:
- Uninstalled itunes and Quicktime
- Reinstalled and updated the Creative driver
- Fiddled with the usual settings. I assure you everything is where it should be. I know about mute, and all the other settings that can screw things up, like for instance not having digital output on, or not using the external decoder option.
- Checked the settings on my AC3 decoder. Everything checks out.
- Checked visually if there was a red light from the optical port from the front panel. There is.
- Checked visually if there was a light at the end of the optical cabel. There is. The cabel is obviously intact.
- Checked if my stereo system still works. It does from all other sources than my sound card.
- Tried to reinstall and update everything from Creative.
- Rolled windows back to a restore point where everything was fine.
- Cleaned up the registry with registry mechanic

I'm at my wit's end now. If there is some genious out there who has an idea of what might be ailing my system please, please post.

Here are my system specs:
Windows XP SP3 Media Center edition (2005)
3.0 Ghz Intel processor
Creative Soundblaster X-fi Fatal1ty Platinum edition
Nvidia 7900 GT graphics card

That's what I remember off the top of my head. If you need more information please don't heistate to ask.

No, unfortunatly not. Thanks for replying.

I just discovered something. Under the tab "Bit-Matched" in the audio console it says: " S/PDIF input signal monitoring. Digital-In Unknown or invalid signal. S/PDIF-in Unknown or invalid signal"

Does that help? I must admit I have no idea what bit matched is. I can check a box there that says "enbale bit matched recording". It doesn't help though. Besides, the problem is output, not input, so I'm probably on the wrong track, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back