There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk\dr2

So I've been getting the above error while I'm installing Win7 Ultimate at the finalizing of Win7, and it freezes up and I can't install it. I dunno what to do the comp doesn't have a partition because this install was supposed to work....

Hard drive may be bad. You need to post a little more information as to what you have tried. This way someone can help you out.

I would expect \device\harddisk\dr2 to refer to a disk device on channel 2 of the motherboard - which is typically a DVD or CD drive. So perhaps the scenario is you installed from a Win 7 install DVD, and when the reboot occurs, you had removed the DVD from the drive?

Otherwise did you do anything else in preparation for the install, like set the boot order to have the DVD at the top of the boot sequence? I am not familiar with a win 7 installation, nor is it clear what the state of your PC is before you start. For instance is this a completely new, empty HDD? Did you change the boot order at all?

Back