TechSpot

Thieves steal 3,600 iPad minis from JFK International Airport

By Shawn Knight
Nov 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A pair of crooks managed to steal two pallets full of brand new Apple iPad minis from JFK International Airport. They likely would have gotten away with even more if they hadn't been interrupted by an airport worker returning from...

Read more

2. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 135

Where is the "hidden" location tracking from Apple? Now is the time they can take this advantage to know where the devices have been taken.

3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,909   +716

So this would be an iJacked shipment?

/shows self out

Timonius likes this.
  4. Now Apple can sue the airport!

...add that to the list.

5. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

Aw, too bad they didn't get away with it ;D

6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,909   +716

...the iJackers were last seen sauntering away, exuding an air of casual indifference. Police caution the public not approach the suspects, who are described as unarmed but extremely boring

7. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 385   +70

So the Italian Mob is still operating and here I am thinking they were all but gone.

8. dcnc123

dcnc123 TS Member Posts: 52

That's a hint that they need to add more cctvs and improve their security.....

9. I want one !!!
    :)

10. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

They did!

"likely would have gotten away with even more"

Notice the "even more"? They only got 2 out of 5 pallets of minis.

"Police suspect... someone gave... access to enter... and also to let them out."

Notice the "let them out"? They got away with the 2 pallets.

Pick one up on a street corner near you...

11. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

I hope they re-sell it for a lower price :D

12. Those iThieves need to be iNcarcerated till windows phone gets 50% marketshare (which may never occur)

13. Because f this kind of event, apple don't trust JFK international airport anymore. So, they made their own airport just like UPS did, they called it iAirport..

14. Hey.it really works..........

15. I thought apple will call iAss (international apple space station) :)

16. I'm not a fan of stealing but seeing as apple was the only thing getting stolen from... I wish they would have got away with this one. Too bad they will proly get iSued.

17. techseven

techseven TS Rookie

iMust admit iAm having fun with this thread, like a kid who says iCan be iSilly too!

But seriously, this is really an iShock for JFK's reputation... :)

18. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,821   +922

Who could have imagined that goofy old Steve Ballmer has his own team of black ops commandos...:eek: !!

(It's like I always say, "if you're going to embrace a conspiracy theory, don't half-a** it, go all in)...;)

19. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 2,057   +8

Isn't it always the butler 'who did it' Captain?:)

20. captaincranky

Not so fast buster, you're not going to debunk this that easily.....:p
    Well, you don't think Ballmer would actually go himself, do you? So, his butler was probably in charge of the strike team.:D

21. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,310   +238

Since they were still on pallets, I'm guessing they aren't able to, but what do I know:):oops:

22. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,119   +1,523

Surveillance must have been controlled by Windows with a back-door entrance.

23. captaincranky

I'm having a great amount of difficulty restraining myself from replying to this with any one of a number of, "back door", "pants down", and "don't ask, don't tell", innuendos.:eek:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.