This 'Battlefield 4' Easter egg is so complex, most won't even attempt it

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Battlefield 4 is well-known for containing several clever Easter eggs (remember the legendary Megalodon Easter egg that took gamers four months to find?). The latest egg, part of the new Dragon Valley map, is so complex that it's astounding it was discovered so quickly.

What's really impressive about this egg is that even if you know exactly how to do it, a randomization aspect means you'll need to complete the steps yourself (you can't simply jump to the end).

YouTube user JackFrags put together an excellent video outlining its discovery and the steps you'll need to take to replicate it to generate your own unique code to unlock the reward: an ultra-rare DICE LA camouflage skin previously reserved for the game's developers (and hackers, I suppose). Check the video above for full details on how to access it.

Given its complexity, one has to wonder exactly how this sort of thing gets discovered / solved in the first place. In this case, it looks like a lot of determination from the community (and a hint or two from Julian Manolov, the DICE developer behind many of Battlefield 4's Easter eggs). The toughest part, at least in my opinion, would be finding all of the hidden buttons (seriously, who would think to look inside a blown-up tree trunk?).

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

The kids that figure this out should stop playing games and use their ability to solve problems out in the real world. They have a talent that should be put to good use.

The kids that figure this out should stop playing games and use their ability to solve problems out in the real world. They have a talent that should be put to good use.
most of the time, stuff like this is just leaked by the devs (discretely or not). this should be impossible to be by normal players on their own.
it's a good way of getting free advertisement.

Very hard to believe they solved such an insanely complex easter egg on their own! that hint or 2 from the dev must've been a pretty big hint!

About halfway in I still had the delusion that I'd be able to get this one done. By the end I was shown the error of my ways and will happily salue anyone who actual puts the effort in for this one.

Wow this easter egg video was better and more entertaining than the entire campaign of BF4.
Ya sure the difficult part is actually intentional and not just bugs?
Considering how bugged the campaign is I wonder how they got this right. Maybe the entire quality control team worked solely on testing this easter egg?

Back