Timeline, Open Graphs introduced at Facebook f8 conference

By Shawn Knight
Sep 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced two key features for the social network at the annual f8 developer conference in San Francisco, California. Timeline and an updated version of Open Graphs…

Read the whole story
  2. SammyJames

SammyJames TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 168

I don't use Facebook.
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,489   +302

Is there really conferences like this about things like Facebook? Really?!
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

All of this tells me Facebook only has just a few more years left...
  5. You don't use Facebook? I don't know if that is something to brag about. It sounds like you need to ride your horse and buddy on down to Best Buy, grab a Dell and get connected to some friends!
  6. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TechSpot Maniac Posts: 524   +97

All this crap only appeals to the "OOOO shiney!" crowd. 99% of Facebook users just want something that they can keep in contact with people.
  7. We WANT to only show the last 15 minutes of our time on FB and be able to go further back OURSELVES like we do now. We DO NOT want the world to see and hear what we're listening to. We don't WANT FB to decide for us what is important and what isn't.

We want it the way it was. Showing posts in the order that they are written. They are POSTS not "stories". This isn't a news feed with someone else deciding what stories are important. It's important for me to have things in order so we can find older posts. If we couldn't find a post, we used to be able to go to a person's name and find it. That convenient thing is gone now. You're not FIXING anything. You're making it so irritating that I think Google will suddenly have a lot more users. They will benefit from your messing up something that isn't broken.

Too bad we have no choice in what private things we want to share and to whom we share it. Too bad you took a nice, fun site and ruined it. We have been able to connect with friends and relatives that we moved away from ten years ago and too bad we will lose touch again because of your messing things up.
  8. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,877   +347

facebook, y u no pandora?
  9. toby b

toby b Newcomer, in training

can you get my time line back after using that time line remove app thing

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.