TechSpot

Too many pop-ups. Found nail.exe

By G-Girl
Aug 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please help me. I am getting the message AUNPS2.DLL everytime I log on. I also get pop-ups like crazy now. I deleted the file nail.exe before I got more information explaining that that would not fix the problem.
  2. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,051

popups

if your anti-virus doesn't detect spy-ware and some other viruses etc, dowload panda active online scan, its free. it will delete some viruses but won't delete spy-ware but it will tell where to find them for deletion.when you delete these files etc, disable system recovery first. panda works for me and i run norton.
    its worth using another one to check that the one you already have is doing its job. www.pandasoftware.com/activescan
  3. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

4. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,051

popups

iron duke gave me a link for ewido this was prooved to be great. try that befor getting into real tech stuff
  5. G-Girl

G-Girl TS Rookie Topic Starter

Gr8ful4hlp

Thanks for all the help! I was a little intimidated by the HiJackThis instructions, but I was willing to give it a try. However, ewido seems to have done the trick for me. When I have more time I still want to try the HiJackThis method. ewido is only free for 14 days.
  6. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

Glad Ewido sorted you out. I thought it was worth purchasing as it runs in the background keeping an eye on things. Isn't that expensive for a bit of peace of mind.
  7. G-Girl

G-Girl TS Rookie Topic Starter

Agree completely.

It worked fine and now I keep getting a message for a TrojanDownloader.Qoologic.ac. I just keep saying 'Block and Clean'. Even when I had my modem turned off. Do you know what's up with that?
  8. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

this virus, if your AV software (what is it, btw?) doesn't clean it up, i reccomend looking for a removal tool. this can be found at numerous sites, but i'd try the symantec security center first (security.symantec.com)
  9. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

You should be a good g-girl and follow IronDuke's first post/second line (HJT-log)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.