Toshiba satellite boot up problem

By pak
Jun 26, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. we have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, model # p15-s479. Part # psp10-0dxpgr. When it boots up the normal Toshiba splash screen comes up, then the following 2 paragraphs come up and just keep scrolling up the screen, over and over, it never stops.

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 082)
    Copyright ┬ę 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8139(X)/18130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.13 (020326)
    PXE-EG1 : Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F : Exiting PXE ROM

I have never run into this one before, anyone have any ideas on how to tackle?

Pak
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,684   +153

The imbedded Ethernet controller has failed to initialize... Could this be a bios configuration error?
  3. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Check your Device Manager. Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and look for red or yellow flags.
    I suspect you will find alerts there, and you may perhaps need to download new drivers, then disable your current ones before install. If the driver updated does not work, you may have a chipset error which requires a replacement from a download.
    We commonly see a lot of hard drive failures in that model. It may be time for a replacement
  4. pak

pak Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I would check the device manager if I could, but if never gets past the screen I described. The OS never gets up and running.
    Pak
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.