Toshiba Satellite keyboard driver malfunction

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I have this strange problem with my Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I try to type something, it will type something else completely. Ex: I try to type "Great" it types "fdjsreaut". After a few minutes of the keyboard malfunctioning like this, it will stop working completely. The only way for me to get the keyboard to work again is to shut it off, take out the battery, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on. Then, it will only work for a few minutes before beginning to malfunction again.
I have tried various spyware: nothing came up. I then did an entire factory reset of my computer, but the problem still remained. Thus it can't be a virus, it's probably a keyboard driver malfunction.
Does anyone know what I should do to try to fix this? A huge thanks goes to anyone who can help me fix this :)

I'm less inclined to think its a driver issue then perhaps the keyboard itself or other hardware. In any case, i'm really not sure about the cause of your problem but i once saw this keyboard test tool (free for 1st 30 days).

I never tried it myself but if you try it, let us know what you think of it please :)

Back