TechSpot

Toshiba to pull out of select consumer PC markets, shift focus to business clients

By Shawn Knight
Sep 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Toshiba on Thursday announced plans to accelerate its restructuring effort that'll see the company withdraw from certain consumer markets, opting to instead target business clients. The move will reduce Toshiba's global PC business workforce by around 900 employees, or more...

Read more

2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,392   +107

Toshiba use to build nice laptops like the Tecra 4000 series back in 1998 that cost about $4,000 but it still works even in 2014.

12-inch LCD Active Matrix Panel, Pentium II 266 MHz, 256 MB of RAM, 128-bit GPU with 256 KB of VRAM, 320GB HDD In had installed along with Windows 7 - 32-bit and PCMICA Wired NIC also Buffalo High Power 54-G.

Also have 1998 Toshiba Satellite Pro also still runs but very heavy to carry. Their CRT TVs in the 90's had issues with Lightning storms could damage them badly. Toshiba Thrive Tablet 2011/2012 I have two of those they're very good had a lot of features.. Last thing I have it 2013 LCD/LED 1080p HDTV with 3 HDMI ports for the Kitchen and 1 TB USB 3.0 HDD.

It's shame they have to layoff so many workers in PC division. Move out of the Home PC market.

3. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,320   +709

Great laptops until they switched to those awful flat keys.

4. Please lets the HDD live on...

If not... We only had 2 company monopoly the mechanical hdd market...

:-(

5. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 494   +126

I love me my Flat keys :D and I even spoiled myself and got backlit on my Satelite S55

6. soulsassassin

soulsassassin TS Booster Posts: 69   +14

HGST seagate and WD that three not two

7. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 494   +126

WD owns HGST