Triple monitor gaming suggestions?

slh28

Having watched some youtube videos of Battlefield and DiRT on 3 screens, I think I am sold on the idea of triple monitor gaming.

I'm looking to get IPS monitors with low input lag, low response times and relatively thin bezel. I'm also looking to get more into photo editing hence the IPS route. The Dell U2312HM seems to satisfy those criteria, does anyone have experience with this monitor?

Price isn't really the biggest concern, just want a great setup to last a long time. I have no interest in 3D gaming (tried some PS3 games on my 3D TV, not impressed) so don't have use for a 120Hz monitor. Also it's not like I could afford a rig which would run BF3 at 5760x1080 and 120fps anyway...

first of all it would help if you gave us your complete system specs.
gaming on 3 monitors will need a pretty powerful graphics card.

Obviously I realise I need a better CF/SLI setup, will look to upgrade the GPU when Kepler comes out and prices get to a more reasonable level (7970 in CF costs about £900 at present!)

More interested in the monitors at the moment.

If you could foot the bill I'd always recommend a good IPS monitor. Love the accurate colors.

i've used two monitors at the most. I'll try three one day but that day hasn't come yet.

Yeah but I also want IPS monitors with low response times and input lag, for example the 30in Dell and Apple ones look amazing but aren't great for gaming.

The Dell U2312HM is only marginally more expensive than a TN monitor so it seems a little too good to be true...?

The higher response time is something you have to deal with. At that price something has to give. For example: I have a 27" Asus Led monitor, 2ms response time, color is phenominal, BUT the viewing angle isn't great.

Back