MSI reveals the eSports-focused G253PF 380Hz gaming monitor

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Another monitor is about to join the increasingly crowded market of super-high refresh-rate displays. The G253PF from MSI offers a blistering 380Hz screen and a 1ms GTG response time, making this an ideal option for competitive gamers and the eSports crowd.

The MSI G253PF is the latest in the long list of monitors with incredibly high refresh rates. It's not quite as fast as the Asus Rog Swift 500Hz and Alienware AW2524H, both of which can hit 500Hz, though MSI's model is the same size as the former (24 inches).

The G253PF offers a full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution and an IPS panel. As with other monitors, overclocking the display to reach that full 380Hz refresh rate requires a DisplayPort connection, as the HDMI 2.0b connection is limited to 240Hz at full HD.

Other specs include a 1,000:1 contrast ratio with dynamic mega-contrast, 10-bpc color (1.07 billion colors), and G-Sync support. It's rated for 320 nits typical brightness, while the VESA DisplayHDR 400 certification means the G253PF can reach 400 nits peak HDR brightness. The monitor also comes with a passive cooling mechanism for the panel, hence why it's thicker than most IPS displays.

Color gamut coverage consists of 106% sRGB and 83% DCI-P3, and the monitor comes with flicker-free technology, low blue light mode, and Night Vision. No speakers or USB ports, sadly.

Port-wise, the G253PF has two HDMI 2.0b ports, a DisplayPort 1.4a, and a headphone jack. It's also VESA-mount compatible, can be tilted 5 to 20 degrees, and has a height adjustment of 0 to 130mm. It does lack swivel and pivot adjustments, though.

No word on when the G253PF will arrive or how much it will cost. Looking at another super-high refresh-rate monitors for comparison, the Alienware 500Hz monitor is $830. But it's more likely that the G253PF will be priced closer to the Asus ROG Swift PG259QN 24.5 – our pick for the best 360Hz monitor – which costs $400.

Permalink to story.

How long are people going to keep asking this? It's for competitive gamers for the millionth time. Clearly it's nothing you need so why speak on it?

Why would they want a 380 Hz then, when 540 Hz 1080p exist

You can get 1440p @ 300-400 Hz now as well

How long are people going to keep asking this? It's for competitive gamers for the millionth time. Clearly it's nothing you need so why speak on it?
yea, competitive, wich means pin point accuracy, wich means being able to see what ur shooting, not some blurry mess
I moved to 1440p and its WAY better, never going back

because I can critisise stuff, im not complainign about u being so butthurt about an opinion am I?

Why would they want a 380 Hz then, when 540 Hz 1080p exist

You can get 1440p @ 300-400 Hz now as well
*looks around for hidden camera*
Why make anything below 540Hz if 540Hz exists?
Why make anything below 4K if 4K exists?
See how silly you sound?

The notion that competitive players need 5000Hz and 10000 FPS is a joke peddled by kids who buy into advertising from companies that make perihperals. The jump from 60Hz to even 120Hz is huge, everything above that you get diminishing returns.

Having a $150 mouse, keyboard and monitor won't make up for lack of skills in games such as Counter-Strike. I've played most of my life on 60Hz with a cheap gaming mouse and a regular-*** keyboard, and I did pretty well for the effort I've put in.

A lot of pros come from underdeveloped countries where they started playing as kids on shitty PCs, PC bangs and such, and they came to where they are now using "subpar" hardware. They use the best hardware now when they're sponsored and can just buy it but the average Joe doesn't need that.

Another myth peddled by braindead fans is that pro players have to play on low settings as it gives them clarity. This started because now pro players when they started out, they were playing on old CRT monitors and poor hardware and are used to the aspect ratio and low settings which they kept cause it felt similar.

The notion that competitive players need 5000Hz and 10000 FPS is a joke peddled by kids who buy into advertising from companies that make perihperals. The jump from 60Hz to even 120Hz is huge, everything above that you get diminishing returns.

Having a $150 mouse, keyboard and monitor won't make up for lack of skills in games such as Counter-Strike. I've played most of my life on 60Hz with a cheap gaming mouse and a regular-*** keyboard, and I did pretty well for the effort I've put in.

A lot of pros come from underdeveloped countries where they started playing as kids on shitty PCs, PC bangs and such, and they came to where they are now using "subpar" hardware. They use the best hardware now when they're sponsored and can just buy it but the average Joe doesn't need that.

Another myth peddled by braindead fans is that pro players have to play on low settings as it gives them clarity. This started because now pro players when they started out, they were playing on old CRT monitors and poor hardware and are used to the aspect ratio and low settings which they kept cause it felt similar.
exactly!!!! same here, I used to play siege competitivly on a 1050 LAPTOP with 60hz and most of the time I had above 10 kills, you dont need good gear to become a good player
most of it is preference, but I have expensive gear totaling around 5 grand and my skill isnt any better, I just upgraded because its what I wanted, buying a 2nd mouse now, mostly for looks and to have a wireless one

*looks around for hidden camera*
Why make anything below 540Hz if 540Hz exists?
Why make anything below 4K if 4K exists?
See how silly you sound?
You sound silly. People that buy 1080p TN wants SPEED and nothing else. Why settle with 380 Hz when 480-540 Hz exist. Image quality will be horrible regardless.

Back