TechSpot

Trojan Horse-Avast making it sound like WWIII

By JuliusCaesar
Dec 3, 2009
  1. Hi there, I don't understand how I get viruses. I have Comodo, Avast! MBAM, Super anti spyware and Spybot. However, I got a trojan according to Avast. It was in ,multiple places and I ran a scan with MBAM and Super, neither of which detected anything. Avast, however, had so many sirens and radioactive symbols it seemed that World War III had broken out on my computer. I think I got most of the virus, but i'm not sure. I attached the Hijack This log, more details to follow.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,942   +167

What repair option did you choose in Avast each time Avast alerted?

3. JuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 73

Most of them I moved to the chest, but there were some that I deleted, because I kept getting alerts for the same file. Spybot was infected by the virus, and many of the files that avast! alerted me about were in S&D. I moved most to the chest, but deleted some because I kept getting alerts for the same file. Spybot seems to be deleted from my computer, it's very possible that I deleted a key component of S&D. I can always reinstall it though. The other infected programs were mostly in the System Restore Section, and in 2 video converters that I have. I moved most of those to the chest, but I remember deleting a few of the viruses in System Restore and one of the video COnverters.

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

See if this helps you:

From Avast:
    From Avast:
    http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=51647

Also on Avast:
    Files are safe into Chest, can't harm your computer.
    What a crazy way to run an antivirus program! I couldn't ind anything on "Category 1"

I spent an hour this morning chasing this down for another member. If either of these is 'your' Trojan, it's a False Positive that was fixed today.

5. JuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 73

ok, the viruses detected were mostly Win32: Delf-MZG. I did some research and found that is was a bug filled update (grr...). So should I restore everything, and reinstall if I deleted any key components? Since it's not a virus, I will connect to the internet. Thanks a bunch. :)

6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

You're welcome. I left the link so you could get instructions if you needed it. Lots of gripes about this problem today!

7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,942   +167

Yes Bobbye,
    its nice to see your backing off your "knowing it all" attitude. I've been getting some false positives from Avast lately too

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.