Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic6.AEPH update.exe won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've scanned my computer with Spybot S&D, Adaware SE Personal, and AVG Antivirus, revealing a large number of viruses of all sorts. Luckily, I was able to get all of that garbage off my system. With the exception of an !update.exe trojan horse downloader that AVG picked up. I've run all sorts of scans in safe mode and regular bootup, even deleting the problem manually, but it always shows up again on the next scan after rebooting. I downloaded HijackThis, hoping the logfile would make it easier to fix, but I am in great need of help from someone more familar with the software or, ideally, this trojan in particular. I've included the HijackThis log with this post. Please help!

[RIGHT]-Corey[/RIGHT]

Afraid you have more than that easylike,

This should be easy for you since you have most of the programs,

Just for my memory or your info - mydoom; clickspring adaware (from a quick glance through the log)

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of easylike only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Virus

Hi,

I have been working onthat same virus! I believe it has soemthing to do with an imitation file named "Netdde.exe" everytime it runs that "Trojan Horse Downloader.generic6.aeph" gets reinstalled... and it only happends when "Internet Explorer is opened" so.. I think if you find out where in the registry or system this netdde.exe program is being executed from, you can then stop the virus.

I am still working on this, scanning the registry for entires in the startup for internet explorer... no luck so far.

Good luck to you.

Thank you for the advice!, this may be a bigger problem than I need to have around, decided to start fresh with this one. Thank you again for the time, I really appreciate it!

@Easylike
Goodluck and let us know if you need help with that as well

@Tryan
If you would like to start your own thread I am sure we could get you some help with the removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back