Trouble setting up mic volume in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I running athlon 64 3200 processor on a gigabyte k8vm800m board rev 2,through windows xp.
It has onboard sound ac97. went I use my headset I got no mic volume! tried new drivers and in control panel when i try to adjust it I get a sound32.exe error? I had a problem deleting the driver update but finally think I fixed it? Any idea's on how to fix the little gem? Thanks for the time. :)

It's easy to overlook, but is your onboard sound enabled in the BIOS? The driver disk that came with your mobo should also have the correct AC97 drivers to install. If you get those to work, I wouldn't try to find a later version--"if it ain't broke..."

that's not it but....

OK I checked it out, and all set in bios. after looking for old driver Realtek Audio Driver v 3.68 For ATI RS300 model ALC 655 without Jack Sensing. OS supported Win9x, WinMe, Win2000, WinXP, and WinNT. I see it's without jack sensing! So when I installed 3.98 I removed some files!
In my original post I had the error message wrong, it is "windows cannot execute sndvol32.exe.
sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back