TechSpot

TS Community: Login with Facebook or Twitter, Windows 8 giveaway winner

By Matthew
Jun 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Thanks to everyone for reviving the Windows 8 discussion thread and congratulations to Marnomancer for winning our giveaway! As promised, we'll buy a license as soon as preorders open, which should hopefully be soon. Although most of you share obvious…

Read more

2. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TS Booster Posts: 281   +39

There are a few problems with the mobile site still :-( being a regular user of the past year and a half, it's quite a nusance!

3. ^You may want to be more specific so they can fix them.

The mobile version lags when scrolling (even fully loaded pages) on my Galaxy S, so I bookmarked the Desktop version which is smooth. That is my only problem with the mobile version.

4. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +12

Yayyyy! Finally I can comment again from my mobile... With so little time in front of the pc, this has become rather important :) thanks guys! Good to see how this site has improved so much over the years!

5. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,066   +99

Congratulations Marnomancer for wining, but I can't help feeling jealous ^_^

Next time I'll win!

6. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 877   +130

Congrats to Marno

7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,541   +322

We'll review that Android bug, on iOS it works smoothly and we are using mobile oriented libraries so the mobile site is lighter and speedier. If anyone else can share experiences with various versions of Android and Windows Phone to see if there are other issues. Thanks!

8. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

I'd be more inclined to participate for a copy of Win7 than WinHate

9. It works just fine on windows phone, always has.

10. yRaz

yRaz TS Booster Posts: 919   +96

I've never had a problem with the mobile site my windows phone. Before the update it took awhile to load the pictures but I just thought that was because I still have 3g.

11. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,316   +268

Congrats Marno!

12. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,053   +76

TS site works perfectly on my Lumia 800 (which I am planning to retire in few months, in exchange for a newer wp8 smartphone ;), oh and I'll keep Sensation as a reminder of how much money I wasted on droids).

On topic:
    Congrats Marno, I am no big fan or hater of Start button, so its absence never really bothered me, in fact I like the ability to search straightaway in W8.

13. shwezeayani

shwezeayani TS Rookie

LGE tools don't work on Windows 8 Consumer Preview for PC. Any idea?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.