By lightweight
Mar 7, 2005
  1. can anybody tell me what this means? this error pops up everytime i start the computer (winxp).

thank you!thank you!thank you!
  2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 444

need more information....

i could not find that .exe in a google search.
  3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

4. lightweight

lightweight TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey thanks for the speedy reply. will try to gothrough all the steps. i have spybot s&d already, as ive been trying to do some repairing the best i can. those guys at best buy (the geek squad) were trying to charge an arm and a leg to fix my computer. figure i'll ask around first before paying for services. thanks much again.

any recommendations on a great firewall?

yep, a guinness sounds good right now.
  5. lightweight

lightweight TS Rookie Topic Starter

another question... will changing a hard drive or resetting my computer do any good?
  6. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

How about filling in your PC-specs under 'User Profile', top left on any page?

Good free firewalls are available from Agnitum Outpost, Kerio, Sygate and Zonelabs (in MY order of preference).
    Paid for Firewalls: Agnitum Outpost is very hard to beat.

Changing a harddrive will only have an effect if it is a faster drive than what you have right now. Bigger is not necessarily better. Try to keep at least 15% free space at all times. Regular chkdsk and defrag also help, as does emptying the Temp directories, temp. Internet Files cache from whatever browser, uninstall what you don't use and/or need.
    What do you mean by resetting your computer, pressing the reset button does nothing, other than perhaps get you out of a BSOD.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.