TechSpot

Turning down hardware acceleration sound helps framerate

By Tha General
Sep 27, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turning down your hardware acceleration sound helps framerate and sound issues in certain games. I have this game called Street Legal redline, with sound on full acceleration the game crawls or seems to drag a bit, so turning off the sound acceleration to none, i can play the game at the highest settings running at 15-20fps.
    And the lag is gone, nice and smooth.
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Of course it helps frame rates, your running a Pentium III... If I turn the HA all the way up on my old Coppermine the system lags unbelievably and barely runs any of my older games. If you had a slightly newer setup, you probably wouldn't notice that much of a difference... because of the more powerful hardware devices.
  3. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,225

Well it only works with certain games, maybe about 5 of them. I haven't tested this on all my games which give me trouble, but nevertheless, pretty good.
  4. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

Your point is valid - even some newer comps have problems with sound driver/hardware versus game conflicts.

:)
  5. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,225

yes i know, i read other topics dealing with the hardware sound acceleration with new computers. Only works with certain games.

peace
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.