TV-out video cards

Trillionsin

Here is an issue I am trying to figure out for work.

We need video cards that have RCA video out. You know, the yellow connector....

I am having a real hard time finding cheap video cards that say they support this:

VGA Adapter to TV S-Video RCA Out Cable

Some have S-video, but we still dont even want that. The computers are being hooked up to a drive through video system in which we can loop advertisements in power point. Other cards have a s-video to the RCA connector. What is it? Composite? (not the red, green, blue connectors)

Any help would be appreciated. You guys have been helping me out with many other issues and I cannot say how much I appreciate the support.

i think it would be tough to find a modern video card with composite out. s-video would be your best bet. any reason why you do not want a S-Video to Composite cable? i used that one to connect my old lappy (radeon9700) to crt tv without any problem (force TV in ATi Catalyst).

there is also lots of converters around but i've never tried any of them beside the S-video to composite (yellow) and S-video to component (red green blue).

i think it would be tough to find a modern video card with composite out. s-video would be your best bet. any reason why you do not want a S-Video to Composite cable? i used that one to connect my old lappy (radeon9700) to crt tv without any problem (force TV in ATi Catalyst).

there is also lots of converters around but i've never tried any of them beside the S-video to composite (yellow) and S-video to component (red green blue).

Do most video cards with S-Video outputs send the correct format for a s-video to rca video adapter cable to work properly?

My wording may be bad on that question but please try to understand.

You will probably need an active converter to get the correct downscaling.

So let me get this straight, you're looking at spending $900 on a watercooling system and another $500 on an enthusuast graphics cards but want to connect the system to an antiquated analog signal display ?

Also in regard to the watercooled graphics. If you haven't already purchased the watercool parts then you may be better served plunking down an extra thirty dollars and buying the HC2 version of the card. The block is pre-applied and the chips are binned for better clocks and voltage than the SC/Black Ops version, the added bonus is the card fitted with the backplate which helps dissipate heat on the reverse side of the card

You will probably need an active converter to get the correct downscaling.

So let me get this straight, you're looking at spending $900 on a watercooling system and another $500 on an enthusuast graphics cards but want to connect the system to an antiquated analog signal display ?

Also in regard to the watercooled graphics. If you haven't already purchased the watercool parts then you may be better served plunking down an extra thirty dollars and buying the HC2 version of the card. The block is pre-applied and the chips are binned for better clocks and voltage than the SC/Black Ops version, the added bonus is the card fitted with the backplate which helps dissipate heat on the reverse side of the card

Yes, and if anyone can find one that plugs into an ISA slot, that would be great.

Okay, joking aside. This is for work. My company is cheaper than I am and this has nothing to do with my personal projects. It's just seems difficult to find out which cards support the TV-out signal. Need to be PCI, these computers are older pieces of crap too.

Also, about the GTX580 you posted. Would have been nice to know that they made these cards with pre-fitted blocks. I had no idea. I have a problem with my current GTX580 where one screen (when set up with dual monitors) keeps flashing on and off spontaneously. I have tried multiple drivers, switching monitors, clean install of Win7 with only necessary drivers, problem is still persistent. If you have any tips on that, I'm all ears. I may be able to return my gtx580 water block I ordered from frozencpu.com, but I am not sure yet.

EDIT: And yet still, the difficulty is keeping within budget. These cards need to be under $50.

PCI graphics card with composite (analog) out isn't a problem. If it's a work enviroment I doubt anyone will be too disappointed that the performance with Metro 2033 sucks.

You're probably best to start another thread re the GTX580. Post some info regarding the Nvidia CP settings and a screenshot of Precision (or Afterburner if you are using it) as well as GPU-Z running while the two screens are up and in use just in case it's a voltage issue.

PCI graphics card with composite (analog) out isn't a problem. If it's a work enviroment I doubt anyone will be too disappointed that the performance with Metro 2033 sucks.

You're probably best to start another thread re the GTX580. Post some info regarding the Nvidia CP settings and a screenshot of Precision (or Afterburner if you are using it) as well as GPU-Z running while the two screens are up and in use just in case it's a voltage issue.

Derp, why couldnt I find that. Again, you've provided me with help because I could not find it myself I feel slightly ignorant here... lol

BTW, I got all the parts.. very excited to get started, but frozencpu sent the wrong cpu block!

Consider this thread closed, thanks!

Back